March 22- 23 at The Bunker
Quad City Chaos 2014 is Toronto Roller Derby’s 5th annual WFTDA-sanctioned tournament featuring four WFTDA Division 1 teams: Toronto’s CN Power All-Stars, Ohio Roller Girls, Montreal New Skids on the Block, and Bleeding Heartland Flatliners.
Saturday night headlining double header:
5pm – Ohio (#22) vs Bleeding Heartland (#42)
7pm – Montreal (#17) vs Toronto (#29)
Beer sales!! Food trucks!! Get tickets to the headliner bouts on Brown Paper Tickets, or at one of the following ticket outlets:
- My Roll Life – 1714 Queen Street W
- Purple Purl – 1162 Queen Street E
- Rotate This – 801 Queen Street W
- Soundscapes – 572 College Street
- True North Climbing Inc. – 75 Carl Hall Rd, Unit 14
A Weekend Full of Derby!
Want in on all the action? Choose either one or two days of action-packed days of derby! It’s $20 for 5 bouts on Saturday, including two headlining bouts, and $10 for three more bouts on Sunday. Day passes available at the door!
Saturday March 22, 2014:
10am – Ohio vs Montreal Skids
12pm – CN Power vs Bleeding Heartland
2pm – Bay St Bruisers vs Ohio B-Team
4pm – *break* (aka when beer starts flowing)
5pm – Ohio vs Bleeding Heartland
7pm – CN Power vs Montreal Skids
Sunday March 23, 2014:
11am – Bay St Bruisers vs Montreal Sexpos
1pm – Montreal Skids vs Bleeding Heartland
3pm – CN Power vs Ohio
Immediately following the final bout on Sunday, we will be announcing MVPs for all 7 participating teams
8 announcers all weekend!
From ToRD: Mr Whistler, Bill Murray, Derby Nerd, Monichrome
From Montreal: Plastik Patrik, “Single Malt” Scott Mac Iver
From Ohio: Inspector Muffin
From Bleeding Heartland: Dick Smack
High Level Officiating Team
Of the 21 skating officials, 18 are certified by the WFTDA (two Level 4, six Level 3, ten Level 2). There will also be the largest collection of Certified NSOs ever assembled for a tournament in Canada.
Tournament Head Referee, WFTDA Level 4 – Matt S. Faction (Tri-City)
Tournament Head NSO, WFTDA Level 4 – Silken Tofu (Bleeding Heartland)
Crew Head Referee , WFTDA Level 4 – Code Adam (Chicago Outfit)
Crew Head Referee, WFTDA Level 4 – Jon Dilks (Philly)
Crew Head Referee, WFTDA Level 3 – David Feck’em (Burning River)
Vendors and Sponsors
This year’s vendors include:
- Twelve Thirty Four Skate Co will have a booth, and all weekend long jammers will be lining up at the Twelve Thirty Four Skate Co Jammer Line
- Jackson Skates – will be at there all weekend, and is providing MVP awards for the B Teams at QCC
- Neon Skates
- Rumbling Rage Derby Shop – skates, clothing, gear and more, also contributing to MVP awards
- Team Canada – gearing up for the 2014 Women’s Roller Derby World Cup in Dallas in December (note that nearly half of the 2014 roster will be competing at this year’s QCC)
- Rollerskatin.ca – “Canada’s Rollerskate Store!”
- Jack In The Socks – colourful and exciting socks for all occasions (Saturday only)
- The Sauce Shack – specialty hot sauces ranging from mild to painful (Saturday only)
- Monster Muffin – uniforms and derby attire (Saturday only)
- Sugar Rush Baked Goods – Home-made baked treats & sweets made from scratch using ethically-sourced, organic and high quality ingredients. (Saturday night only)
- Inspiration Vintage – fun, flirty panties, crinolines, and other handmade retro-inspired pieces (Sunday only)
In addition to our on-site vendors, 2014 Quad City Chaos sponsors include:
- Radar Wheels, who is providing MVP awards for this year’s tournament
- ToRD league sponsor, co-operative sex shop Come As You Are, is providing fun things for gift bags for our visiting tournament participants
- Sugarbomb – custom derby apparel, uniforms, armbands, accessories and more. Skaters will be visiting the Sugarbomb Penalty Box this weekend at QCC!
- Wicked Skatewear
- Nerd Roller Skates
Want to be a QCC vendor or sponsor? Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.